Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Padawan

My favorite Yoda quote these days is "Patience you must have, my young padawan." In working through Brian's treatment, I need to constantly remind myself that we're in this for the long run. In this case, I am certainly the padawan.

We are packing in the appointments before I start the school year. Monday, Brian and I saw his neuro oncologist to review Brian's general health, blood count, and a current MRI.  After a few weeks to recover from radiation, we were told to expect the MRI scan to look about the same as it did before the biopsy, or slightly larger because of swelling. This was exactly what we saw.  The shape looks a lot like Casper the Friendly Ghost, or a Grateful Dead dancing bear (which seems fitting). So these results, paired with Brian's general good health, leads us into phase two of treatment: Brian started chemotherapy treatment Monday night.
Of course, all day I've been asking Brian "How are you feeling now?" and the truth is that these drugs will take some time to work into his system and the symptoms will progress throughout the 6 week cycle. Again I'm reminded: Patience, my young padawan. The easy and hard times will come and go. It's all temporary. As for Tuesday, he felt well: woke up to meditate and hop on the spin bike, and then paddled on the OC-2 with Nick this evening.

Thank you all for your continued support and concern. The messages, T-shirts, visits, stickers, and thoughts and prayers all lift our spirits. Thank you for keeping us positive!




No comments: