Friday, July 29, 2016

The End (and the Beginning)

The End: Treatment of my brain tumor is officially complete!  Radiation and the long grind of chemotherapy started over a year ago.  Early last week I had a MRI following my 6th cycle of chemo.  The MRI showed excellent results that the tumor is shrinking.  The past 3 MRIs have shown the same trend of decreasing tumor size.  It was amazing and reassuring to see the comparison of all 4 scans since December. We are really happy, to say the least.  The tumor is still there, it always will be.  The goal was to stabilize it and based on the scans, this is happening.  Personally, I am at peace with carrying this stabilized tumor with me.  The whole experience has brought me a different perspective on life that I want to keep in the front of my mind as life moves on.  This tumor in the back/side of my brain will help me keep that in mind.

Overall it is a relief to be done putting chemicals into my body.  It is wonderful that the uncomfortable-ness of treatment has paid off!  The last year plus has been insane, but I am truly grateful for all of the experiences.  We brought Rosie into the world.  We learned a lot about life and love.  I come out of treatment with a different perspective on life and feeling proud of Kim, Rosie and myself.  As we have said before, the love and support from all of you has been key.

The Beginning:  The treatment has worn my body down.  Right now, my blood counts (platelets, white blood cells) are very low and I am fatigued.  First, I need time for my bone marrow and immune system to recover.  As that occurs over the next few months it will start a new phase: recovery.  I look at this next phase as finding a way to thrive with a tumor.  I want to find a sustainable way to live with a chronic disease. This is the beginning.

I will get MRI scans every 10 weeks for a while, and the doctors will continue to monitor me more or less frequently based on the results.  Separately, I will be working hard to improve my left leg weakness with physical therapy and activities that I love.  I will ramp back up to full-time work, and will generally figure out what post-treatment life is for Kim, Rosie and me.  With all that we have learned over the last year, I know that this life will be a wonderful one.  We love you!


7 comments:

ChrisG said...

Fantastic news and we can't wait to see you on the CBS Thursday rides!

Paige Biggs said...

You did it! Hope we can celebrate with you in PDX here soon.

Squeeze Rosie's cheeks for me. I miss her, and you two, so much.

XOXO

Paige said...

Congrats Tracy Family! I know it was a hard year to say the least! This is great news!

Mrs. Flickinger's Classes said...

Always thinking of you guys and couldn't be happier for the positive news! Keep kick' that cancer's ass Brian -- we know you can ;)!!! Love you guys!

Unknown said...

I am Doris,from what I can read. It has been sad news and scam to everyone about Voodoo casters or so. But to me they are so real cause one worked for me not quite two weeks.i met this man on a blog his name is Dr Abalaka is a very powerful man.I traveled down to where his shrine his and we both did the ritual and sacrifice.he had no website site, and now me and my ex are living very ok now.I don't know about you but Voodoo is real;love marriage,finance, job promotion ,lottery Voodoo,poker voodoo,golf Voodoo,Law & Court case Spells,money voodoo,weigh loss voodoo,diabetic voodoo,hypertensive voodoo,high cholesterol voodoo,Trouble in marriage,Barrenness(need a child),Luck, Money Spells,it's all he does. I used my money to purchase everything he used he never collected a dime from. He told me I can repay him anytime with anything from my heart. Now I don't know how to do that. If you can help or you need his help write him on (dr.abalaka@outlook.com) Thank you.

Anonymous said...

Good share, i read your post, its very informative post.!! Brain Tumor Surgery Cost India

Unknown said...

wonderful post. thanks for sharing!

หนังผีฝรั่ง